The pulsing tremolo effect is probably the most magical of all guitar effects. The Violet Trem has a hand calibrated and synchronized photo cell at the heart of its electronics, by which the buttery “wet” tremolo sound we’ve come to know and love from the old tube amps is perfectly reproduced. The Violet Trem has a volume control that counterbalances loss of volume that can occur with active effects. Or it can as a booster; left-striking the intensity regulator turns the Violet Trem into either a booster or a buffer, with all the advantages these effects bring with them. A switch enables the choice between hard square or soft sine waveforms, thereby offering two tremolo directions that could not be more different from each other: vintage meets modern – so then, Dick Dale can surf over here, while the “stutter” effect of Tom Morello can thunder over there. Meanwhile, the Status LED light pulses in time with the tremolo’s wave frequencies.
With its True Bypass electronics, the Violet Trem remains absolutely sound neutral when not in an active state.
- SPEED: controls the tempo of the tremolo waves
- INTENSITY: controls the depth of the tremolo waves
- VOLUME: controls the output volume of the pedal
- SOFT/HARD: to choose between sine- and square-wave
- True Bypass Circuitry
- EH Electronics (USA)
- Neutrik connectors
- Epoxy PCB boards
- Select brand name parts
- Pots and switches freely wired, not on the board
- Electrical power via 1x 9V block battery or 9V DC power supply